All campers must acknowledge and accept these terms conditions prior to booking a site and entering the campgrounds.
By accepting the terms and conditions upon completing a booking, all campers agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions, rules, and policies of Secret Lake Retreat:
General Terms and Conditions
In our bush and lake setting all activities are at a camper’s own risk and Retreat to Secret Lake Pty Ltd takes no responsibility or liability for injury to a person or damage to any property as stipulated within these terms and conditions, rules, and policies.
If the camper/s fail to comply with these terms and conditions, rules, policies, Retreat to Secret Lake Pty Ltd reserves their right to ask you to leave, cancel your booking and retain all money paid to date.
- Inherent Risk
By accepting these terms and conditions, all campers acknowledge and agree that:
a. It is a primitive campground in a natural bush and lake-side setting.
b. There are inherent risks involved with staying at the campground as it is situated in a natural bush environment, which includes but is not limited to:
- wild animals (snakes, insects, spiders);
- natural hazards in the campground and the bush (storm damage, falling branches, unstable surfaces and holes in walking/ bike riding tracks or other falling and trip hazards);
- natural hazards in or around the lake (submerged logs, rocks or tree roots and loose rocks around the lake); and
- the risk of drowning.
c. these inherent risks could result in temporary or permanent injury and in some circumstances, death and campers have taken all reasonable steps to prevent or mitigate this risk of injury.
d. They have basic wilderness survival skills, including but not limited to – not approaching wildlife, keeping food out of the reach of wildlife and to take necessary precautions to prevent injury to themselves and others.
e. They have basic swimming skills and are responsible for their own water safety, including but not limited to:
- they have the appropriate ability to swim;
- children must be supervised by an adult at all times due to the proximity of the lake to the campgrounds and the other potential hazards within the campgrounds;
- to never dive or jump into the water without checking depths due to varying levels of the lake;
- to bring their own safety equipment (foot wear and floatation devices); and
- they have taken necessary precautions to prevent injury to themselves and others and to prevent the risk of drowning.
f. Retreat to Secret Lake Pty Ltd accepts no liability for any accident or injury resulting from the inherent risks involved with staying at the campgrounds.
By accepting these terms and conditions, all campers acknowledge and agree that, Retreat to Secret Lake Pty Ltd, have made all reasonable endeavours to make you aware of the following:
a. This is a primitive campground in a natural bush and lake-side setting.
b. Lighting is limited to the amenities block. Campers should use a torch at night to avoid hazards and mitigate risk of injuries to yourself and others.
c. Trees and branches may fall. Any camping, bush walking or activities in the bushland is at the camper’s own risk.
d. The lake is set in a natural setting and could have submerged sticks and logs, tree roots and sharp rocks in the shallows.
e. Appropriate clothing and footwear should be worn for all activities, including bushwalking or water related activities.
f. Precautions should be taken to minimise the risk of accidents or injuries.
g. You must bring your own First Aid Kit. There is a First Aid Kit located at reception if you required, however, as we are not qualified medical professionals, we are unable to administer any first aid treatment, and this will need to be done by you.
h. Children must be always accompanied by an adult. There are many potential hazards for children including, but not limited to: climbing on rocks which may be loose or become dislodged, sharp sticks and stones in the bush and underwater, risk of drowning, burns from BBQs or fire pits. Retreat to Secret Lake Pty Ltd encourages natural play and exploring but do not accept any liability for accidents or injuries suffered by any child/ren due to the inherent risks of the campgrounds and it is otherwise your responsible to supervise any children.
i. Any games, balls or equipment are to be played in an area that does not affect other guests. Equipment is to be used correctly and it is the responsibility of an individual or parent to ensure safety. This relates to any equipment provided by campers or by Retreat to Secret Lake Pty Ltd. Retreat to Secret Lake Pty Ltd will not take responsibility for injury or accidents due to a failure to correctly use equipment.
j. All campers are responsible for their vehicle and possessions. Retreat to Secret Lake Pty Ltd will take no responsibility for damage or theft.
k. Many sites are on a slope, and you should ensure that your trailer wheels are secure.
l. Children must be supervised while they swim or play. Life jackets/personal flotation devices are your responsibility to bring and/or wear. Retreat to Secret Lake Pty Ltd encourage all campers to wear them whilst undertaking water activities.
m. Never dive or jump into the water without checking depth as levels can vary seasonally. Retreat to Secret Lake Pty Ltd accepts no liability for any accident or injury due to the inherent risks of the campgrounds.
n. In the case of damage to our property, Retreat to Secret Lake Pty Ltd reserves the right to deduct a reasonable amount from your credit card to cover costs of replacement or rectification. Property damage includes but is not limited to broken tables and chairs, damage from large fire embers to other’s property, damaged signs or vandalising our camp grounds with vehicle misuse.
- Prohibited Conduct
By accepting these terms and conditions, all campers acknowledge and agree that the following conduct is prohibited:
a. The use of firearms or other weapons such as bows and arrows;
b. No hunting, trapping or collecting any fauna or flora from the campgrounds;
c. All campfires upon a total fire ban being declared by the NSW Rural Fire Service Commissioner;
d. Fireworks or excessive noise;
e. Dumping rubbish, leaving rubbish, or dumping effluent (outside of the dump point) will be asked to leave immediately and will be subject to a fee of $200 for its clean-up and removal. We provide bins for disposal of rubbish, and they must be used.
f. Fishing from the jetties or pontons; and
g. Drink driving and irresponsible driving (including speeding).
Retreat to Secret Lake Pty Ltd reserves their right to ask any camper’s to leave, cancel their booking/s and retain all money paid to date due to any of the above prohibited conduct be undertaking by camper/s.
- Limitation of Liability
By accepting these terms and conditions, all campers acknowledge and agree that in no case shall Retreat to Secret Lake Pty Ltd, our directors, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, or service provides be liable for an injury loss, claim, or any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, special, or consequential damages of any kind, including, without limitation, lost profits, lost revenue, lost savings, loss of data, replacement costs, or any similar damages, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), equity, under statute, strict liability or otherwise, arising from staying at the campground, undertaking water activities, undertaking bush activities, using any of the facilities or equipment available at the campground or any theft or damage done to your possessions or vehicles.
By accepting these terms and conditions, the guests acknowledge and agree that you will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless, Retreat to Secret Lake Pty Ltd, our directors, employees, affiliates, agents, contractors, interns, suppliers, or service provides by any third-party due to or arising out of your breach of these terms and conditions.
- Refund and Cancellation Policy
By accepting these terms and conditions, all campers acknowledge and agree that:
a. Prices are subject to change. We will respect the pricing of all pre-existing bookings and vouchers if a change occurs.
b. We are a small family-run business with a limited number of sites. Last minute cancellations impact us and create extra work trying to fill the spot.
c. We require full payment on booking.
d. In an effort to avoid having a 'no refund for cancellation' policy, the following refund and cancellation policy applies:
- With 30 or more days’ cancellation notice provided, you have the option for a full refund or voucher for return (12-month expiry);
- With 14 - 29 days’ cancellation notice provided; you will be given a voucher with a 12-month expiry date;
- Peak-Season cancellations made less than 14 days before arrival will result in forfeiture of all payments made and the total cost of the booking will be retained by us;
- Outside of Peak-Season, if cancellation notice is given less than 14 days before arrival, will result in forfeiture of 50% of payments made to be retained by us, with the remaining 50% to be refunded to you;
- Less than 48 hours’ notice or no show, will result in forfeiture of all payments made and the total cost of the booking will be retained by us;
- Early departures or last-minute changes due to weather or change of mind, will result in forfeiture of all payments made and the total cost of the booking will be retained by us;
- Eviction due to breach of these terms and conditions or rules and policies, will result in forfeiture of all payments made and the total cost of the booking will be retained by us;
- If we ask you to leave due to flooding or bushfire, any unused payments will be refunded to you. Example being, if you booked four (4) nights and we ask you to leave on third (3), then you will be refunded the amount for the final night.
- Any vouchers issued are non-transferrable and any refunds will be made to your bank account. It is your responsibility to ensure that the bank account details provided are correct. We accept no responsibility for any loss or damage arising from any electronic transfers or deposits that are not paid into the intended bank account.
- Credit/vouchers are non-transferable and are only valid for 12 months. Upon lapsing of the 12 months, the credit/vouchers will expire and no longer be valid.